Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Blogging from a Petite Brick House

We live in California. In a small brick house.

Living in a small space offers it's unique challenges as many people know. We fit ourselves, our 16mo old toddler and a small 22lb white Westie in our 1600 sq ft...which to some may not be that small but it seems like we have a ridiculous amount of stuff squeezed in here.

As a result, we love the internet to help us stay more organized and give us awesome ideas on how to keep our home from looking cluttered and crazy with all the toys and stuff that the 3 of us + pup can come up with.

Speaking of loving the internet, I am currently obsessed with Pinterest. If you haven't checked it out, definitely do so. It's invite only, not sure WHY really but if you know anyone who has an account, you can pretty much get an invite. I have only been on it a few weeks but I already have multiple mood boards just waiting for more drool.

And at first you may have to get a little used to how to use the interface... my first conversation with my girlfriend who invited me went something like this:

'Are you using Pinterest?' (her)
'That thing sucks! How do I do anything on it?" (me)
'It's super easy, just click and pin or like. You can pin from anywhere.' (her)
'Yeah right, it's not that easy' (private mental thought from me).

Surprise it was pretty easy. And now I'm obsessed. AND a little po'd that I didn't think of this wonderful idea. The internet is amazing--thanks to sites like Pinterest and all the many blogs out there, you can easily take pictorial tours of peoples homes and see all the amazing things they do to them on a daily or weekly basis. And it's a fabulous way to get ideas for your own place. I can spend hours on it. Which isn't good for my body as I sit in a funky cramped position on the couch in the evenings, but I don't really care. Love. Internet. On Pinterest? Find me here!

No comments:

Post a Comment